How Soon Can You Expect Results From The Pilates Method?
This is among the most frequently asked questions by people who are curious about Pilates and what it can do for them. Just like so many other things, you are going to get out of Pilates in direct porportion to what you put in.
That being said, generally speaking I have noticed that after 4 or 5 sessions my students will:
1) have a clear understanding of the fundamental Pilates technique
2) have enhanced body awareness
3) notice how they stand and move
4) acquire more muscle tone
5) experience a decrease in pain
6) lose inches
There is a famous quote by Joseph Pilates:
“In 10 sessions you will feel the difference
In 20 sessions you will see the difference
and in 30 sessions you will have a whole new body”
30 Pilates sessions, attending twice a week, is almost 4 months. If one will watch their diet, and workout at a level that is challenging, yet not a struggle (tension blocks feeling and control), they can expect great results.
After six months of Pilates performed with focus twice a week, and attending to your diet, one could potentially drop 48 pounds, and you will certainly notice that you:
1) have changed your alignment
2) have learned to move more gracefully
3) are performing all physical activities with less effort
4) are stronger in both gross strength and muscular endurance
5) are more flexible
6) have more joint mobility and lubrication
7) have improved powers of concentration and memory
8) have learned to relieve stress by relaxing and breathing mindfuly
For my time and money, an hour in the Pilates studio is the best bang for your physical, mental, and emotional buck.